Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New Year Resolutions - Bandit's Style

Most people make resolutions in January. I am not a fan of resolutions. I make a list and a plan. Write it down and make it happen. I know too many people who make a resolution on Jan 1st and could not tell you what it was by Jan 31st. Since my birthday is in June, I like using Jan and June as my reflection/review time. Similar to a job. It is a gauge as to where I am.

The last few years have been many changes but at the same time so many things have been the same. I know over the next few weeks, I am going to continue to reflect on what changes I want to make, accomplishments I want to achieve and what things I want to keep the same.

1. Weight loss/exercising - At the top of my list is getting my weight down. My doctor wants me to lose 35 lbs. I want to lose about 50 lbs. Unfortunately, my want is not strong enough for me to get started. I do not have any excuses.  Need to be like Nike and JUST DO IT!!

2. Reading - Since starting school, I stop reading for leisure and personal growth. I desperately need to pick up a book. I use to be in a large book club but I quit once school started. I would like to join a new one.

3. Reducing expenses - Since becoming a school teacher, my income has decrease significantly. I have to reduce my regular expenses. I don't know when was the last time I created a monthly budget. It should be easier since I only get paid once a month. There is no question what pay check it is coming out of because I only have one.

In addition, I need to find a part-time. I want to use the P/T to rebuild my emergency fund, pay down debt and for my summer trip next year and start paying on the student loans I accrued with the last degree.

4. Organization - I need to get organized. When my house, car, room is in disarray, it is a direct correlation to my life being out of sync. In fact, I can not sleep in my room if it is out of order. Its like the mess interferes with my rest. I will sleep in another room before sleeping in a cluttered room.

I think this is enough for me to work on for the rest of the year. Hopefully, I will see much progress I make by Dec 31st.

1 comment: