Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 8 - A moment

This is one of the days I did not know what to write. Even as I am writing this, I am debating what moment to write about. Seeing that I will be 40 in less than 6 months, I seen over 1,245,672,000 moments. How do you pick 1 moment from over 1.2 million of them? What moment is worthy? Do I choose a life changing moment?

Since I really don't want to agonize over just one moment, then I will list different moments that sticks out in my mind. Who knows? One or a few of them many turn into a post of its own. Now they are random. Some are funny moments, some are life changing moments, others made me sit back and ponder for awhile. Then they are others that are foggy in my mind but I know just talking to a someone will rush the moment back to the forefront.


Revisited Moments in My Mind (which are really a bunch of true moments stranded together)

  • Graduating from college
  • Knowing then confirming I was pregnant
  • Morris Brown Days (way too many to list individually)
  • Call in college my dad was in the hospital
  • The last real daddy/daughter talk with my dad
  • Call in college my mom was in the hospital 
  • My sister leaving Atlanta to move back home
  • My niece returning to Atlanta to live with me
  • Shipping her tail back to her momma
  • Performing as the only child in the Adult Dance Troupe at Karamu House for Pastor's Appreciation
  • Prom Night
  • Many Saturdays at Joe's Square Deal
  • My first kiss
  • My first home purchase
  • My second home purchase
  • The reasons/push for each purchase
  • Pledging Delta
  • Pledging Alpha Sweetheart
  • Riding the Greyhound to college
  • Going home every month my 1st semester in college
  • My 1st college boyfriend (most people don't know about that one)
  • My college sweetheart (now co-parent partner)
  • Football games in the Dome
  • Paying off my credit cards 
  • Buying my first car 
  • Buying my first car cash only
  • Baby Bandit's car crash
  • Baby Bandit's concussion, 3 sets of stitches, and rush to the hospital from a midair collision during basketball practice.
  • Picking Baby Bandit's godmother
  • Carpooling (great conversations) 
  • Falling off the jungle gym at nursery school (now called day care)
  • Teaching
  • Book club meetings
  • Retreats
  • Cruising with my family
  • San Diego
I could keep going, but I think you get the idea. There are so many moments that picking just one is way too hard! 

In case I don't post tomorrow. Have a safe New Year's Eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment