Sunday, April 8, 2018

Lunches and Goals

This week is Spring Break for me. This is the break I utilize to rest and this year is no different. My typical Spring break activities made the to do list: purge, clean the garage, meet up with others for lumch, workout. It is safe to say, the only thing I got done on the traditional list is meeting up with friends. I had 2 lunch dates this week. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with my friends. I didn't even think about getting a picture from the 1st lunch. I almost didn't get one from the second lunch. Tasha stopped in the parking lot to get our picture!


Both lunches were filled with great conversations and catching up. It was great to go to lunch AND  without watching the clock to rush back. Tasha and I actually shut down La Petite Marche! I can't wait for summer break to enjoy long lunches with great conversations!

Even though my normal to-do list was basically ignored. This break was a great time for me to recharge and reflect. One the first day of my break, I stopped and took a good look at my 45 goal wall. It had become wall decorations or background. I passed it daily but haven't focused on it at all in 2018. In fact, I actually completed a goal and didn't even realize it. At this point, I should be 75-80% done with it. I have about 20% of the goals completed. I hae about 30-35% in progress and the rest I have not even started. The good thing is many of them can be completed within 30-45 days once I start them. I am not going to be distraught if I don't hit my June deadline. As long as I am making progress, I am a happy camper!

I took this time to refocus on my goals. This post makes the 2nd one in 3 days to get me closer to blogging 45 times within a year. I would need to post at least every other day to make it. I think I may can pull it off if I don't overthink my postings.

Talking with Tasha and receiving her new book, has motivated me to write my book I talked about 7 years ago. It is not the book I was thinking about when I set a goal to write a book. I was talking to my line sister about it. Literally, in less than two minutes we had the format for it done! I just need to get it on paper! She has given me a deadline of April 30th. So I need to get to typing!

Some other things in the works are drinking water as the only beverage, no fast foods, and no sweets for 45 days. I am starting that tomorrow. I knew I needed to do it. At brunch today, one of the ladies gave a challenge of doing better with our eating and taking care of ourselves. There is no reason why not to start tomorrow! I decided to do the 10 day smoothie challenge to jump start my better eating part. I have been saying for awhile I was going to do it. I finally bit the bullet. I went out to get everything I need for the 1st 5 days of it. I speak no irritibility this week!

So as I prepare for my work week, I look forward to slaying goals over the next couple of months!


No comments:

Post a Comment