Monday, April 1, 2013

Purpose Driven Life 4 - Made to Last Forever

Some days I did not post a lot. Here is one of my shorter posts. For the purposes of the blog, I have added more commentary to each of the statements that stood out.  


Day 4: Made to Last Forever

Statements that stood out:
- Life on earth is just the dress rehearsal before the real production. We all know we are not here forever. We need to remember that piece of information and start to live right. Our actions here dictate our eternity. 

- Tragically, many people will have to endure eternity without God because they chose to live without Him here on earth. Doesn't that seem fair? IF we are too busy on Earth for Him, why should He make time for us there.

- Suddenly, many activities, goals, and problems that seemed so important is trivial and unworthy of attention. What trivial things can we remove from our lives? What activities, goals, problems are hindering us from walking in our purpose? 

-THE MOST DAMAGING ASPECT OF CONTEMPORARY LIVING IS SHORT TERM THINKING.  I don't know how many times I complain about the microwave society. Everything is about right now. There is no wonder why so many of us think we suffer from ADD. 


- The deeds of this life are the destiny of the next. Again we need to make sure we are about handling our business the short time we are here on Earth. Tomorrow is not promised and we have to make sure we are ordering our steps for our eternal life. 

Question to consider: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing. I should probably stop cussing like a sailor. I should start praying more. Scratch that. I should learn how to pray so I will feel comfortable praying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment