Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Purpose Drive Life Day 7 - The Reason for Everything

The question of the day is "where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory?" To me the REAL question for me was found on the page before, "Who are you going to live for - yourself or God?" I think we all have in some point in our lives lived for ourselves. Since I agreed to be completely honest, I feel I have lived 99.9% of my life for me, my goals, my desires, my wants, etc. If they happen to lined up with God's desires, then that made it better. I know it should be the other way around. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make that happen. How do I pray and know when God answers that prayer? How do I know when God is directing to go in a certain direction versus it being me wanting to go in that direction? 

This chapter starts off its all for Him. Spiritually, I know that is true. How do I order my steps to do it? How do I do it? I guess I have more questions than answers, which is definitely a hard place for me to be in. I always have an answer! LOL!

This chapter is about glory to God. It explains what it is (the expression of His goodness and all His other intrinsic, eternal qualities) and where it is (everywhere). We are commanded to RECOGNIZE, HONOR, DECLARE, PRAISE, REFLECT, and LIVE His glory.

I(we) can bring glory to God by doing the following: worshiping Him, loving other believers, becoming like Christ, serving others with our gifts, and telling others about Him. I was familiar with all these areas. What really stuck out to me is what is true worship. I thought I was doing something by really participating in praise and worship on Sundays mornings and playing my Gospel music in the morning. However, I am convicted to know it is so much more. Its a LIFESTYLE. That includes enjoying Him, loving Him, and giving ourselves to be used for his purposes.

QOTD: Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory? The short answer is everywhere! I can acknowledge him in everything I do, every decision I make, and thank Him for the good and the bad. When I am able to put God first in EVERYTHING, then I will truly walk with a purpose and truly honor God.

No comments:

Post a Comment