Saturday, July 21, 2012

National Junk Day


Do you know what today is? Hmmm…I am waiting. You give up? Today is July 21st and it is the National Junk Food Day. Who knew? I came across it today as I was surfing the net.  Now, my research did not tell me the origin or when it was first celebrated. However, I am not going to argue anyone that it is NOT a real holiday.
               

For those of you who may feel a little guilty about all the holidays we have, why don’t you just combine the other days with it. July 23rd is National Hot Dog Day and July in National Ice Cream Month. So treat yourself and your love ones. Pull out the grill and set up an ice cream/sundae station. Get it all in at one time!
Here’s another perk! This year is lands on a Saturday!!! Woo-hoo!!! Now go out and enjoy yourself. Eat all the junk you want. If anyone questions you, tell them it’s NATIONAL JUNK FOOD DAY! All healthy eating is suspended just for today!
You can make any day a celebration! I have and I have found others who have done the same. As we go through the year, I will share some of the other obscure holidays!  

HAPPY JUNK FOOD DAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment