Many of us perform acts of service many times a day and probably do not realize it. Acts of service are deeds we do for someone else. It is even meaningful when it is an act the other person needs but don’t want to do or an act you really don’t want to do, but your love for that person compels you to do it.
Many of my friends especially moms are queens of acts of service. Here are some ways to show love and celebrate life through acts of service:
- Cook a meal
- Pick up dinner for your spouse after a long day at work
- Baby sit for a couple to give them time together
- Give a single parent a “me” day
- Guys: pump gas for a lady
- Carry groceries for an elderly person, pregnant lady, or mom struggling with groceries and kids
- Cut the grass for the neighbor
- Do the chores of someone in your home
Share some ways you have received or given acts of service. List some ways people can celebrate you with acts
of service. We would love to read them!