Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 2 Challenge - 9 Loves

Day 2's challenge is 9 loves. When you think of love? What do you think? Romantic love, parental love, platonic love, etc. There are many forms of love. Love is a noun and a verb. Its a thing and an action. It is something you can have and something you can do!

I know what my "definition" of love is but in all fairness, I thought I would go to the dictionary to see if there are other definitions I might have not considered.

Dictionary.com gave 20 different definitions at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/love. Some of them are:

  • a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person
  • a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend
  • sexual passion or desire
  • a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person;sweetheart
  • affectionate concern for the well-being of others
  • the benevolent affection of god for His creatures, or thereverent affection due from them to God
  • to have love or affection for
  • to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for(another person)
So with so many definitions, I should be able to give 9 loves (not in any particular order) easily. Here goes:

1. I love my son, Baby Bandit. I guess I should ask Oldgirl LadyLee for a new name since he is 6 feet tall now. 

2. My mother. Without her, where would I be. She required so much of me growing up. I am very appreciative of it now that I am an adult. 

3. Books. I have so many books. They are everywhere - garage, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, office, car, purse. I have books anywhere. I prefer self-help/motivation books. I am always striving to make improvements in my life or others. 

4. Brownies. Anybody who knows me for a nano second KNOWS I love brownies! 

5. Sweets. I am a sweet head. I love cookies, cakes, pies,etc. You get the idea.

6. Learning. I am student at heart. It goes hand and hand with my love of books. I also take pride in learning from other sources....blogs, people, experiences, and mistakes.

7. Family. I come from a very large family. My parents have 23 siblings between them. My parents and their siblings have produced close to 100 children. Yeah do the math. I love spending time laughing and hanging with them.

8. Friends. My friends mean the world to me. They know how to motivate me, encourage me, make me laugh, and just plain on listen and spend time. I hope I am doing the same for them.

9. TIVO. This is the best invention ever!!! I Tivo over 30 shows per week. I can no longer stand watching a show live. Even if I have the time to sit down to watch it live, I will wait 15 minutes, so I can fast forward through the commercials. 



So what or who do you love?



1 comment:

  1. Baby Bandit will ALWAYS be Baby Bandit, even if he grows 7 feet tall and have 10 kids, and even if he now sounds like he is someone's daddy already. He is Baby Bandit!

    I love all the things you love. But I don't have a TIVO.

    I sooo wish I was from a large family. Our very small family doesnt even get together on holidays. As I get older, I miss the comfort of family.

    ReplyDelete