Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Purpose Driven Life Day 6 - Life is a Temporary Assignment

I have a short post. Therefore, I am including what we use to create our posts. They are located at the end of each chapter. 

POINT TO PONDER:
This world is not my home.

VERSE TO REMEMBER:
“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
2 CORINTHIANS 4:18 (NIV)

QUESTION TO CONSIDER:
How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?


Day 6 Key Take Aways
- 2 truths:compared to eternity life is extremely brief and earth is only a temporary residence

- Abundant life has nothing to do with material abundance and faithfulness to God does not guarantee success in a career or ministry 

- In order to keep us from becoming too attached to earth, God allows us to feel a significant amount of discontent and dissatisfaction in life longings that will never be fulfilled on this side of eternity.

Reflections: I love the way analogies were used in this chapter.
- Spiritual green cards are compared to a foreigner receiving a green card to work in the US.
- Ambassadors to a enemy country
- Fish trying to live on land

QUESTION TO CONSIDER:
How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?

One change I can/should make is truly living with the end in mind, returning back home. Listening and learning what God's will is versus my own will and DOING His will. Spending more time with Him to know what I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment