Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 22 - Something That Upsets Me

Like everyone else, there are quite a few things that upsets me. If I had to choose one thing, it would be a lie.  I know people say they are bothered by liars. BUT I REALLY HATE FOR SOMEONE TO LIE TO ME. I don't care how bad it is or how you think it will hurt my feelings, tell me the truth. Remember, whatever is done in the dark comes to light. So if you lie to me, then I am upset twice---one for whatever you lied about AND two for the lie itself.!

The Band-Aid analogy is a good way for me to explain it. Just rip it off fast. Meaning, I would rather you tell me instantly and let me deal with whatever negative emotion/reaction I am going to have. Versus pulling a little of the Band-Aid off at a time. Meaning telling me what you think I want to hear instead of the truth.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not asking you to be crass with what you are saying or doing. Just be honest. There is a way to say everything. Just find the best way to say it.

Oh, and if you really want to take me over, lie to me about something I specifically asked you. If I asked, then I have already prepared myself for the worst possible answer. It goes with my motto, "If you are man or woman enough to ask, then I am woman enough to tell you the truth."

So, for all those who did not know.....now you know! Don't lie to me!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment