Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 20 - This Month

The 30th of the month seems like an appropriate time to discuss "This Month". This month has been a roller coaster ride to say the least. The month started out with one of my favorite uncles eventually dying from a car accident. I know kinda a morbid way to start a post. However that is how I started my month. In fact, it was another illustration of a lunch conversation I had just the previous week. So many people were/are dying and nothing should be taken for granted. Naturally, I went home for his funeral. I hate the occasion but I enjoyed spending time with my family. I spent five days home. I am glad I have an understanding boss.

Man-Child/Baby Bandit had a busy month which means I had a busy schedule. He participated in a Nike Combine while I was at home. He started running track but had to settle for just working out with the track team because of his AAU basketball schedule. I have been roped in to minimize some of the foolishness I can see about to happen with the teams. The coaches are good but the management is unorganized. So I am working on the website, sending out emails to parents, and spearheading fundraisers.

I celebrated my friend's 30th birthday. She had a great dinner party with a live band. We shut the place down when her family and friends started singing Happy Birthday. They had 2 different versions and they can SANG.

Towards the end of the month, I was really tired. Several people over a few days said I looked tired. I decided not to go to my son's tourney of the season to stay home and rest. It was hard, but I think it was a wise choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment