Sunday, November 25, 2012

Celebrating Life During the Holidays and Beyond

As we continue the holiday season, it is a great time to reflect, meditate, and evaluate our lives, especially over this year. A little personal story, I turned 40 and wanted to celebrate turning 40 my way. I did not want a big party since I don't typically dance. However, I wanted to do something bid. With a little brainstorming, I decided to create a list to celebrate my birthday for 40 straight days. I created a list of activities that included things I liked doing, wanted to try, or old activities I stopped doing for whatever reason. It was the best summer ever!

To get your juices flowing about ways for you to celebrate life by doing things, ask yourself the following:

  • What did you do in your childhood or teenage years that you stop doing? Sports? Dance? Instrument? Hobbies?
  • What activities do you do now that you enjoy? Do you do them often?
  • What things have you wondered about but have not done? Do you have a bucket list? What's on it you need to cross off because you have done it?
These were the questions I asked myself to start my list. I had about 50 activities listed. I even looked up googled topics such as "bucket list", "things to do", etc. There are lists for everything you can imagine - free activities, activities for couples, activities for families, activities for women, activities for men, activities in (insert your city).

Here are some of the activities that made my list (I need to complete some of them):

  • Climbing Stone Mountain
  • Brunch with loved ones
  • Community Service Day (I donated blood and clothes)
  • Game Night
  • Belly Dancing class
  • Pole Dancing class
  • Painting (many cities offer 2-3 hours class)
  • Shooting Range
  • Amusement Park
  • Rock climbing 
  • Skydiving
  • Movies
  • Screen on the Green
  • Seeing a play
  • Jazz on the Green
It is never too late to start to celebrate life and create new memories. Today is a great day to start formulating a plan to make it happen. WRITE IT DOWN. MAKE IT PLAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment